The purposes of this course are to reinforce the importance of using standard precautions and to update the healthcare professional on current treatment post exposure.
After completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- identify the benefits of using strategies to prevent exposure,
- identify safe injection practices,
- identify the actions to take immediately post exposure,
- discuss disease specific, post exposure treatment recommendations, and
- discuss post exposure follow-up recommendations.