The purpose of this course is to provide the Licensed Practical Nurse, Registered Nurse, Clinical Nurse Specialist, and Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners with knowledge of Florida’s laws and rules that apply to the profession of nursing.
Upon completion of this course, the healthcare providers should be able to:
- Describe the legislative purpose for the Nurse Practice Act.
- Discuss ownership of patient records.
- Verbalize specific laws and rules related to the practice of nursing and nursing assisting.
- Identify the pertinent levels of nursing practice in the State and the general scope of practice of each.
- Differentiate between ethical and legal practice.
- Discuss the process for discipline related to nursing practice.
- Describe the Intervention Program for Nurses (IPN)
- Discuss the general requirements for continuing licensure in the State.
- Create a professional plan for career maintenance and development within the limits of the law.